12 November 2012

Thankful November 8

The weekend got away from me and I had a hard time getting it back.  We spent Thursday and Friday being very thankful, and a little bit sad, as we said goodbye to my Grandpa Gill.  All but 4 of Grandpa's 22 grandchildren, and the vast majority of his 57 great-grandchildren gathered around my Grandma to remember Grandpa and to say goodbye.  It made me realize what an amazing man I've had the pleasure of having in my life for the last 32 years.  I'm thankful for his influence, not just in my life, but in the lives of those 22 grandchildren and 57 great-grandchildren, because as we all sat together, talking and laughing and healing, I'm sure he was watching down just as proud of us as he always has been.  I have no doubt that he was laughing along with us as we shared funny stories about him, and pleased as punch to see us having such a good time together. Heaven sure is lucky to have him back, because he is one hard working, righteous man, and I'm sure he's already hit the floors running.  I miss you Grandpa, and will love you forever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails