27 June 2012

Adventure Journal 2012 - The Enchanted Forest

When I was young we used to spend our summer vacation at Seclusion Bay in Kelowna, BC.  I don't remember much, but I do remember loving it there. One of my memories of our yearly 8 hour trek to Kelowna is of stopping off at a quiet little place called The Enchanted Forest.  I'm sure it's changed drastically since the Evans family last walked it's paths, but this year I finally stopped their with my own family, and it is still just as magical.


 That's right.  The Tooth Fairy still lives in the Enchanted Forest!

 






It was rainy and a little chilly, but we still had to drag the boys from there.  I pretty much loved the excuse to get out of the car for a few hours.  Summer adventuring success # 1!!!

5 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to stop at the enchanted forest. Next time can we all go together? We need another Sniebe adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never used to stop there as kids, and I always wanted to. So Arvid and I stopped there on or honeymoon. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cheryl, once you're back your whole life will be a Sniebe adventure! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jo - Jared and I often laugh about how different we are in these regards. I'm all about the process, when I knit, when I scrapbook, and even when I drive. I want to stop all along the way. Jared is all about the end result, when he makes music, organizes the house, and drives. I want to enjoy the ride, he wants to get to the end so he can enjoy the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky! we used to vacation near Sicamous and always wanted to go there, the one time we stopped as a carload of teenagers it was closed :( boo... so glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails