02 March 2012

One of these things just doesn't belong

Eli and I have been discussing a lot things that don't go together.  Like when he asks for jam and honey on his toast, together.  Or when his finger and his nostril end up together, often.  Or when he puts on a cowboy shirt with track pants, and socks in his Crocs.  I feel like Mr Hooper singing "One of these things is not like the others..."

We're learning.

In my life I've found a few things that don't belong together either.  Like a clean house and a happy family.  It just doesn't happen.  I can either clean the house, or feed the children; clean the house, or read a book; clean the house, or be a good mom.

Sometimes I try to get the boys to help. I threaten them with taking away privileges, but then I realize that they are 2 and 4 and that's just silly.  Besides, their privileges are basically just being children, and I'm not often willing to take away play time and food (that's really all they do... oh, and sleep.) Besides that, I'm not sure if they see any correlation between not being able to go to soccer and whether or not their bed is made.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails