11 February 2011

Raw for 33 days

We did it. That's right, we ate raw for 30 days straight. Nothing cooked, nothing heated, nothing pasturized... We did it!

And when we hit 30 days, we decided we liked it, and that we'd keep on going.  Today is day 33, and we are still eating raw.  I think we will probably start including a few other foods, like raw milk and raw yogurt and maybe even an occasionally slice of bread (**shudder of joy**).  But then again, I am strangely afraid that by letting myself go a little I might just start sliding down that slippery slope and not be able to get back up again.  You see, I've never been very good at 'diets.' There was that one time when I decided that the only way to lose weight and feel good about myself was to never eat again.  Well, I got hungry.  End of story.  (Funny thing is, it took feeling good about myself to loose weight, not the other way around, but that's a story for another day.)  We have just felt so good eating raw, and have seen so many benefits, and have been having so much fun doing it, that I don't want to stop.  Yes, I would like to be able to eat whatever I want without ever having to think about it, I would like to throw the easiest thing in front of my kids and not feel guilty, I would even like to indulge every once in a while in something decadent and horrifically high in calories, but frankly, keeping myself and my family healthy is really, really important to me, and right now eating raw seems to be a great way to do that.  Not the only way, but the right way for us, right now.  So, bare with me for a while longer as I carry on this journey.  Eventually it is going to either become just something that we do, not blog worthy or all consuming, as it is right now, or we will find that it's not what we want to do any longer.  But for now, the Wiebe family is still raw, and loving it.




On another note, can I tell you that I'm completely annoyed by all the Valentines posts in Blogland right now. How I wish I had a house to completely decorate in red and pink hearts, but I don't, and even if I did, I've never considered Valentines a holiday worth rearranging any furniture for.   Although, if I magically do get around to doing some hearty crafts, this one is one I'd feel good about.  I may swallow my words next year, but for now I am steering clear of all the pink posts.  I'll rejoin the reading after the 14th, thank you very much!

2 comments:

  1. well Jenny, now we need a menu... one week, even one day would be good :) I'm not sure I'd know where to start...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read about 'the story for another day'...how you felt good about yourself FIRST and then lost weight. Also, what did you use instead of rice in that "sushi"? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails